It makes sense to have a psychologist with business experience serve as your coach. However, and I need to be very clear about this — “coaching” is not “psychotherapy.”
I have worked with Fortune 500 and multi-million dollar corporations as well as start-ups. In this regard, I have helped them hire the right people for the right management positions – making sure they will fit in well with the team. We call this “goodness of fit” selection. And, I’ve worked with corporate management teams to refine their leadership strategies, and resolve personnel conflict situations.
I have the experience and expertise to help you confront and “negotiate” through those situations which may require you to make important decisions.
As your coach, I will:
- Work with you as your teammate to establish goals and a realistic game plan to achieve those goals;
- Use my skills, knowledge, experience, and education to assist you in clarifying your goals by helping you envision what you want to achieve, address your strengths and limitations, examine your resistance to change, and then help you create an action plan to meet your stated goals;
- Ask you the right questions and challenge your thinking while empowering you to become “solution focused” in order to move toward success in meeting your goals;
- Teach you how use “critical thinking” and critical analysis in order to move forward in the decision-making process;
- Teach you knowledge and “skill sets” in order to reduce stress, improve time management, and maximize your potential;
- Provide numerous handouts to reinforce our discussions; and,
- Be your partner (and cheerleader) by checking in with you from week to week in order to review your progress, your vision for the future, continue to move toward current (and future) goals. Additionally, I will respectfully call you out if you engage in self-defeating behavior.
To summarize — I have the training and background to help you create new ways of thinking by challenging your present perceptions and beliefs. And hopefully you will use me as a sounding board to bounce off your ideas as well as expect me to provide you with respectful, professional, clear, concise, and accurate feedback.